The Company Membership and Policies
How to Join “The Company” (AAG)
Potential new members can apply for membership by completing the eMA (electronic Membership Agreement) or by completing and mailing a paper MA.
The Company Membership Policies
It is the policy of The Company, as well as a regulatory requirement, that all individuals who represent The Company in a sales capacity be licensed and contracted directly with The Company and the product provider companies. Therefore, to sell insurance products through The Company, every associate must have the following:
- A membership with The Company.
- A current insurance license for the state the product is being sold in and for the line(s) of insurance being sold.
- An appointment with the provider company whose lines of insurance products a member intends to sell.
Note: Credit and criminal background checks are routinely done as part of the appointment process. A member should expect inquiries to be made and should respond to them as quickly as possible. This is important due to the validity deadline for state forms. Licensing and/or appointment papers should NOT be submitted on the following:
- Anyone who has ever been convicted of a felony.
- Anyone who has ever had their insurance or securities license suspended or revoked.
- Anyone who has committed a misdemeanor involving mishandling of money.
- Anyone who has an outstanding debit balance with another insurance company.
- Anyone under the age of 18.
- Anyone currently on probation except in the case of driving while intoxicated.
The Company Policy Against Discrimination
The Company prohibits any and all forms of discrimination in recruitment practices. All candidates for appointment as members of The Company must be selected without regard to race, religion, creed, age, sex, or national origin. Failure by any contracted representative of The Company to adhere to this policy in recruitment activity will result in immediate termination of that individual’s relationship with The Company.